My debut novel, INSOMNUS, comes out this August (yay!), which means I am in the midst of marketing my book (see updates). The most important thing I’ve discovered is its practically impossible to start too early marketing and platform building. Here are the things I have already done and will do to market my book (that you can do, too).
I have already:
- Created a Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Read more about it on my blog post, A Teen Writer’s Guide to Social Media and follow me on social media through my contact page.
- Started a blog. You’re reading it.
- Created a book trailer (see it here).
- Made bookmarks which double as my business cards with the book cover, quote, and my contact information.
- Attended the Minneapolis Young Writers Workshop where I met young writers and published authors (yay networking) in addition to learning more about writing.
- Created the hashtag for my book (#INSOMNUS)
- Been asked to be interviewed on another author’s blog. I will post that interview here, as well.
- Read/sign books at local bookstores.
- Write press releases for my book for the newspaper.
- Read/sign books at local libraries. (Check back for updates. This will likely be in January or March).
- Make posters of my book
- Donate copies to local school libraries (in addition to some aforementioned bookmarks).
- Give away free copies of my book (yes, you could win one).
Once resource I loved while making my marketing strategy was Author Media’s 89+ Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life.
What other marketing strategies do you use? Comment below.
If you found this article helpful, share it on social media!